PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued clients and prospective clients. This Notice will inform you of your rights with regard to your personal data that has been and/or will be, collected and processed by us.
1. Collection and processing of personal data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Connect2U(“we”, “our”, “us” or “the Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purpose in clause 3 herein that are in connection with our service.
2. Description of personal data
The personal data that you will provide may include but not limited to, your name, age, race, religion, nationality, identity card number or passport number, address of correspondence, including but not limited to, office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, details of children and/or guardian(s), occupation, income range, contact information, including, e-mail address, mobile number, house number, facsimile number, office number, details of employer, details of dependants and/or family members, opinions towards plaintiff(s)/appellant(s) or defendant(s)/respondent(s) or other parties in a proceeding of courts of laws, tribunals, arbitration, physical or mental health condition, religious beliefs.
The collection and processing of personal data includes but not limited to, the following purposes:
1. Agreements & Arrangements
- Delivery of notice, forms, letters, minutes of meetings, quotation, courts related forms or documents and other documents necessary required
- Delivery of our services whether present or future;
- Client relationship management procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit, including but not limited to, registration at receptionist;
- Client profiling activities in connection with our services and products
- Communication with you and delivery of information by e-mail, other telecommunication means, including but not limited to, telephone calls, short message service (SMS), fax, social media, including but not limited to, facebook, whatsapp, line, wechat and other services offered by Class Of Third Parties under clause 8 herein;
- Such other purposes provided for in our particular services or products offered by us;
3. Internal Record & External Communication
- Internal record keeping particularly in compliance with rulings and notice by Bar Council of Malaysia or any other relevant authority from time to time;
- Invitation to our company’s event;
- Sharing of useful information, including but not limited to, our products/services to you whether present or future;
- For purposes relating to any of the above, including but not limited to, research, benchmarking and statistical analysis;
4. Legal Compliance
- Prevention, hindrance, reporting of any crime including but not limited to, fraud, and bribery and
- Compliance to any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our services/ products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us.
- The sources that we may obtain your personal data includes but not limited to registration forms, name cards, documents you have passed to us or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily; and business directory(ies) or listing(s) that you have subscribed to share your information, etc.
6. Class of Third Parties
- Generally, your personal data with us will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
- our auditors, business associates, business consultants, accountants, or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
- our third party service providers, including but not limited to, part time dispatch as we deem necessary or appropriate;
- banks or financial or insurance institutions, land authorities, Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia, Companies Commission of Malaysia, courts of laws;
- any person including a body corporate to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal or international authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
7. Your Obligations
- It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf and for the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
8. Your Rights
- Right to request access to personal data
- You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
- Right to request correction of personal data
- You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable notice. With respect to this, you may:
- request correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
- request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein.
- Rights to limit processing of your personal data
- You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
9. Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
- If you intend to exercise your rights in clause 8 or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, our policies, procedures in relation to processing your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows:
Department: Personal Data Department
Contact No.: +6016-5522666
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org